10 Apr Sambal Prawns
Seafood is one of my favourite kinds of meats because they are lower in calories as compared to red meat for the same weight. My rationale is I can have a lot more for less guilt. I am living in denial maybe…
Well, putting the basic sambal chilli to use for this delicious Sambal Prawn dish. It is simple to prepare, spicy, tasty and oh so satisfying. Be warned, it might be highly addictive once you get the hang of this recipe.
The best thing is you can always replace the prawns with any other kind of seafood! Yums! And like I always say, go ahead and tweak the recipe to fit your palate. Until next time!
|Prep time||5 min|
|Cook time||10 min|
THINGS YOU NEED
|1 whole||Red Onion|
|2-3 tablespoons||Sambal Chilli Paste|
- Peel and slice the red onion.
- Add cooking oil to the pan on medium heat, pan fry the onions till fragrant.
- Add sambal chilli paste fry for a few minutes, stirring at all times till fragrant.
- Add in the prawns and keep stirring until prawns are cooked.
- Remove from fire and serve immediately.
- Replace prawns with other seafood – squid, fish, clams etc.
- Replace onions with petai beans aka stinky beans.